A very happy new year to all of you! The past year has been quite eventful for me, as you all already know from here, here and here. We ended the year celebrating R’s 1st birthday- which turned out to be quite a day and I baked, baked and baked to my heart’s content (or may be just enough).
This eggless banana bread is what I made on the very first day of 2013, because this year I want to try and be more experimental in my cooking and also cause I have been wanting to try out this recipe from Divine Taste since a long long time. The banana bread turned out slightly dense and sweeter than the one that I usually make, but it surely did not make any of us miss any egg in the product. R devoured it with the unlimited enthusiasm which he reserves only for cakes and papayas! 🙂
The recipe remains basically the same as that on the divine taste blog, I have just used whole wheat flour all the way instead of a combination of flours. Here’s the ingredient list.
You will need:
1 and half cup whole wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar
4 super ripe, medium sized bananas, mashed
100 gram salted butter (I used Amul)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I skimped on these to reduce the calorie content)
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, grease and dust a medium sized loaf tin.
– Blitz the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and mashed bananas in a food processor till you get a smooth mix.
– In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate chips.
– Pour the banana and butter mix into the bowl with the flour and mix till just combined.
– Tip this out into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 mins till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Savor with a cup of coffee or just as it is, warm out of the oven.