Before you start thinking, how can I make, bake and frost muffins in 10 minutes? You cannot. You will take only ten minutes to put this together once you have all the ingredients right in front of you and not in the fridge, in the cupboard, in a drawer- that takes longer then! 🙂 But, you must try these muffins coz these are really very easy to make and amazingly delicious. Ten minutes to mix it up, twenty to bake and another five to frost- just how quick can it get!
I have to thank Donna Hay for giving me this idea of making muffin batter in one bowl by just making a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and it did the trick. You can also use any neutral oil instead of the melted butter, but I am not a fan of oil in baking (not even in a carrot cake), so I have used butter. Let me quickly get to the ingredients before R wakes up… (at which point he just had to wake up and then I could get back to finishing this post only three hours later)
You will need:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup caster/ powdered sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup (50g) melted salted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp chocolate syrup ( i used hershey’s)
For the frosting:
2 tbsp fresh cream (I used homemade)
3 tbsp nutella
1 tsp milk
5 tbsp icing sugar (as usual I had run out of icing sugar, so I used finely powdered sugar. It just gave a bit of grainy texture to the frosting, otherwise it tasted fab!)
– Mix all of this well ensuring that there are no lumps. Keep aside to frost cooled muffins.
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and keep the rack in the middle.
– In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the middle of this dry mix and add the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, chocolate syrup and milk. Break the egg yolk and mix this batter till all the ingredients are just combined. Do not beat/overmix this batter as it will make the muffins dense and dry.
– Line a muffin pan with paper liners and spoon out the batter. I could make nine small muffins out of this.
– Bake for 20 till a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
– Let the muffins cool and then frost them as per your liking.
– Grab one, take a bite, enjoy and thank all the gods for delicious baked goods!