I am back, I think. Blogging after eons. It has been a long time of being unwell, then having relentless work deadlines, loads of house guests and some really mean lazy bug in me. The result- I went MIA (Missing in action). Today, as I was again about to log out without blogging, a follower of my blog pinged me asking why I was not blogging and if everything was alright. The fact that people miss reading my blog posts, pleased me to no end and also gave me the zeal to knock of the laziness and do this post. Thank you soo much to all of you wonderful readers who keep encouraging me to write and keep visiting the blog even when I am not- I am forever indebted to you.
So here is a fun recipe I came up with one day when I was not in the mood to eat mac and cheese but the husband was. So here is a mac and cheese comes to India version of pasta. We liked it and decided to call is curry twist pasta. I am sure you will love it too. Don’t forget to drizzle on some EVO (extra virgin olive oil) as that is what brings out the flavor the most!
You will need:
2 cups cooked pasta (al dente)
1 cup milk
1 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1 tsp curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
Fresh basil if available or 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs (optional)
– In a bowl mix the milk, water and flour and keep aside. Make sure that there are no lumps in there.
– Heat the oil and butter in a non stick sauce pan and add the onions to it. Cook the onions till soft and season it with salt, pepper, herbs and curry powder.
– Add the milk and flour mix to the onions and keep stirring on a low flame till the sauce thickens.
– Add sugar in the end if required. Now add the pasta and toss it in the sauce.
– Serve hot with a drizzling of EVO. Enjoy!