Finally I get to posting this recipe. Did I tell you what ends up happening with me now that I am blogging? Not only do I make many different foods (‘coz I can’t always be posting just egg based dishes right?) but, I also am now loaded with a large back log of stuff to be posted out here. Another little problem is that the newer recipes always win against the backlog.. Anyway, I can’t seem to be able to cure digression. Any suggestions? (Its a rhetoric ok?)
Pasta is a weakness not just for me but a whole lot of other folks in my family. That was the biggest trigger for me to make fresh pasta at home that too from whole wheat flour. This present recipe has a store bought spaghetti (I store these for dinner emergencies), this was one such time. But you can always make this using the fresh pasta recipe given here. Pasta, mushrooms, fresh peas and a creamy sauce with a touch of parmesan cheese- heaven!
You will need:
200 g pasta (pick your favorite), cooked al dente
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup fresh peas (thawed if frozen)
1 1/2 cup milk
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp butter
2 tsp all purpose flour
1 tsp dried herbs or 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 white onion, thinly sliced
50 g grated parmesan or regular processed cheese for garnish
salt and pepper for seasoning
– Melt the butter in a non stick sauce pan. Take care that the pan is not too hot or the butter will burn.
– Add the garlic, onions to the butter and saute till soft.
– Pop in the mushrooms and peas and stir on low heat till soft. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
– Mix the all purpose flour in the milk and pour over the vegetables and keep stirring constantly till the sauce thickens a little.
– Add the pasta to this sauce and keep stirring on low heat till the sauce becomes thick as you like it.
– Garnish with grated cheese and serve.