Chocolate Chip Cookies with a tall glass of cold milk.. comfort food! Freshly baked chocochip cookies, yummm…
This is one food item that I just cannot resist and can never stop at one. That is precisely the reason why I just had to make a healthier version of this than the standard recipes doing the rounds. Here, I have used Pilsbury whole wheat flour (do not use multigrain flour as it has just too much bran to make these cookies taste like chocochip cookies) and the amount of butter used is much lesser too. Happy eating!
You will need:
1 1/4 cup pilsbury whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup salted butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line baking tray with grease proof paper and grease it with butter.
– Sift the flour and baking soda together and keep aside.
– Mix the butter, sugar and egg together till the sugar almost dissolves and the mixture becomes light.
– Add the vanilla and chocolate chips to this mixture and mix well.
– Mix in the flour and milk, in alternate additions, till well combined.
– Drop spoonfuls of the batter on the baking tray keeping a distance of about 3-4 inches between two cookies as the cookies will spread as you bake them.
– Bake for 25-30 mins in the centre rack of the oven.
– Remove from the baking tray when slightly cooled and cool them further on a wire rack.
– You chocochip cookies are ready to be attacked upon!