One of the most favorite breakfast foods worldwide is an Omelette. I think I have mentioned my obsession with eggs and egg cookery earlier. There is no better example of versatility of eggs than the wide variety of omelettes that one can make. Add whatever ingredient available and you would have a great omelette made out of it (figuratively!). I love this caramelized onions and potatoes omelette recipe for the amazing ease with which it gives me a balanced breakfast- proteins, good carbs, little fat, vegetables and I am set to take on a hectic day!
You will need:
1/4 cup milk, skimmed
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil or regular vegetable oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small potato, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
a pinch of dried mix herbs (optional)
– Beat the eggs well. Then add milk to it and beat well.
– On a non stick omelette pan, heat the butter and the olive oil. The oil will prevent the butter from burning.
– Add the sliced onions and potatoes, saute for 30 seconds and then cover and cook for 2 minutes on a low flame.
– Add salt, pepper and herbs to the onion and potato and mix well. Spread out this vegetable mix on the pan and then pour the egg and milk mixture over this.
– Cover it and cook for a minute, the omelette will be fluffy and gorgeously golden. Fold and serve with grilled vegetables. (Here, I have served it with grilled tomatoes)