I have just baked this cake and am I thrilled!! Most pound cake recipes ask you to use 200 to 250g of butter for a cup of flour and three eggs… the result would be buttery cake, but would always make me feel super guilty after eating it! But now, I have a guilt free recipe of the pound cake. I have adapted this recipe from the one by Stephanie Jaworski.
You will need:
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar or diet sugar
100 g butter (1/2 cup), salted, room temperature
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour or maida
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 9 X 5 X 3 inch baking tin with butter and flour.
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs till fluffy and light.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder and keep aside.
- Add the vanilla and the milk to the creamed sugar and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the creamed mixture and mix well using the cut and fold method.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Welcome the aroma of vanilla baking filling up your home and get ready to gorge on the delicious pound cake! It is honestly taking a whole lot of my will power to not eat it all up already!